The Healthcare debate has been moved behind closed doors. Now that is really nothing new, because Citizens and voters are already protesting, and every single day online sign-ups appear to support the opening of the debate to the public.
What is behind all of this? Broken promises by Obama and his dictatorial Czar Government to railroad the public?
When confronted with the fact that Obama promised a transparent debate on the Healthcare issue Nancy Pelosi reacted like this (Quote):
“The president made many promises during the election time.”
What does that mean? Election Time is over, and now that Obama is the housekeeper of the White house he can do as he pleases? Or does that show the overestimation of Pelosi’s own capabilities?
No absolutely not. Do not make the mistake of underestimating that woman. Nancy Pelosi and with her Harry Reid are many things (Greedy for power, Arrogant, narcissistic, cold hearted, bullying and many more things), but definitely not stupid.
After losing 5 Democratic leaders in the past two month (4 leading Democrats retiring, 1 changing Party) Obama, Reid and Pelosi are aware of the following facts:
– The Faith of the American People in the Obama “Hope and Change Show” is lost
– Obama’s approval ratings are going down on a daily basis and have reached a record low.
– Obama promised during the election that the Healthcare debate will be held publicly but the rejection of his idea of Healthcare is too strong.
– The 2010 Election will be a disaster for both Democrats and Republicans and the so called Independents who’s emergence at the moment is unpredictable in what they are doing (http://wp.me/pF1Ot-2b)
– The majority of Americans however reject free Healthcare for Illegal criminals and Public funded Abortion and the Socialist Public Healthcare as a whole.
– Both Leaders in the election for T. Kennedy’s seat in Mass. Are declared Obama Care opposition. As a matter of Fact Scott Brown (R-Mass.) the current leader in the Polls has vowed to kill ObamaCare (http://is.gd/60iMW).
And those are only excerpts of the problems for the Democrats. So what to do?
Obama, Pelosi, and Reid know that if they don’t push the Bill through before February or March it is called Game over. The 4 Democrats will not further continue to support the Bill in order not to trash their successors election, the house and Senate Representatives will concentrate on their election, and the people will show their power in the very same way by voting out everybody that has worked for the bill.
Last but not least the majority in the house and Senate will be lost. That leaves Pelosi and Reid without any memorable monument.
I am certain that Obama was not too happy about Pelosi’s election remarks and Pelosi herself was rather carried away when she made that comment. But the damage is there – so what to do?
The only way for the Democrats to get their will and still add the Abortion and Healthcare for Illegal’s to the bill is to do what they are doing now.
Like I said – Pelosi is many things, but not stupid. She knew right away that this statement was a mistake, and I am certain that Obama gave her some real nice words about it as well so immediately she reconsidered and did what all politicians do – going to the “Political Bag of Tricks,” when she declared in a Press conference (http://is.gd/6097k) that she will give the Public “An Ample amount of Time (72 hours) to read through the bill”.
She knows that this monstrosity of 2000+ pages and an additional 900 something pages of amendments will not be readable for the public within 72 hours nor give the public time to air their grievances or protest. I am a quick reader but even I needed about a week and a half to read the whole Bill.
So the only remaining solution for Obama, Reid, and Pelosi is to do what the Democrats always do – producing a huge damage and financial disaster for the country and then retire.
It is all a political calculation. After recognizing that the 2010 midterm Election is going to be lost, Democrats can easily lean back and watch the Republicans and Independents struggle with the costs.
The Democrats know that the healthcare bill is not financeable without raising Taxes, but once they are de-elected in 2010 they can blame the Tax increase on the Republicans.
And the Republicans have a huge problem:
– If the Republicans kill the Healthcare bill after the 2010 elections they have to explain to 21 Million people why they have taken Healthcare away from them. Democrats know that this won’t be happening since this would be political suicide for the Republicans.
– And if the Republicans keep up with that nonsense they have to increase taxes to finance Healthcare – Here Obama can lean back and blame the tax increase on the Republicans and have a good start for his Re-Election, hence making it hard for any counter candidate to prevail.
While Democrats, have a free ride to the 2012 Presidential election.
– By opening the Bill 72 hours for review they can say that Obama kept his promise to the public and did not lie.
– Having the Bill Obama can say he has kept his promise to the Lazy, the illegal’s, and baby murders with public Socialist Healthcare
– And on top of all that they can blame the Tax increase on the Conservatives, though everybody knows that the Democrats produced it. But let’s face it – Voters don’t see the bigger picture they see the money in their pocket at the moment – and the Democratic PR Show is back on the road twisting the truth.
Business as usual for the Democrats, I have to admit and have to give credit to the Democrats, this entire thing is a tactical masterpiece. Either way we, the conservatives, have to deal with the damage and find a way out of the disaster.