Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum – or “If you wish for peace prepare for War”
(Roman Military Writer Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus ~390 A.D.)
Thank you so much Emily for inspiring me to this blog.
On the verge of the 2010 Midterm elections a wraith seems to be going around among the conservative Tea Party movement and the GOP – the wraith of “Arrogance and Ignorance”.
And this is happening not only in Texas but all over the country.
Yesterday I read a post of my dear friend Emily, who was agitated over an interview the Talk show host Glen Beck held with the Gubernatorial Candidate for Texas Debra Medina. She is an uprising Candidate from Southwest Texas who emerged from the Tea party movement (Read here: http://is.gd/8dsai). In this interview Glen was just being himself and as usual doing what he does best: Slapping Medina and the Tea party movement in their face – or bottom line being a controversial jerk.
In my reply I said I feel for Debra but she had better get used to it because compared with what the Democrats will be pulling in the fall of 2010 this interview was nothing more than a beginning warm up, she answered me that (quote): She is not worried about the Dems here in Texas for 2 reasons: 1) They have yet to produce a decent candidate and 2) after the mess that they have created in Washington I don’t think Texans will look twice at them. Besides, Texas has and always will be a predominantly Republican state.
Well, you are partially wrong Emily and that mistake is weaving itself like red yarn through the entire Country. First of all Texas has not always been a predominantly Republican State. The truth of the matter is Texas was a Democrat State until the 1980’s (Source: Texas Politics University of Texas: http://is.gd/8dwan), but Texas later was re-conquered by the Republicans, and Rick Perry concreted that power through re-districting in 2003.
The Democrats are not beaten yet – they’re just regrouping
There is a huge danger here with over confident thinking and I have warned about that all along in a previous Blog Post under the title: “Open Letter to the GOP – A wake up call” (Read here: http://wp.me/pF1Ot-2b).
After taking the vast majority away from the Democrats by electing Scott Brown to the Senate, the Republican Party is running around the country feeling like a winner, acting like a peacock, having their heads in the clouds, celebrating Scott Brown’s victory as their own (though this is not the victory of the party but rather the victory of the Tea Party movement) and overlooking the danger that is coming from behind. In one of my next Blogs under the title “Is Obama out of touch with reality” I will prove to you that the Democrats have never been more dangerous than now.
This was not the GOP’s victory – this was the Victory of the Tea Party movement.
The actions the democrats are performing right now are Military tactics 1:1 called reinforcing and regrouping. And the GOP and conservatives just don’t seem to see it.
After Brown’s election Obama and his grassroots Democrats definitely acknowledged the fact that the 2010 Midterm elections will not be an easy task for them. Obama’s Hope and Change policy failed and the trust of the people and the poll numbers are decreasing. The signs are all there and obvious, but why is nobody capable of seeing them?
- Obama immediately changed his course from “Lone-ranger-Ruler” to “Please work with me together” – giving voters the impression he is willing to work bipartisan on all issues. This way he can take the position as a victim of Republican stubbornness during the election and blindfold the voters with his eloquent appearance.
~~ The Perfect Oscar certified Media show ~~
- Right after his State of the Union speech Obama went media-affective one on one with the Republicans accusing them of digging into the partisan ship on healthcare rather than working with him – truth is, it was the Democrats that refused to work Bi-partisan, and except for 2 – yes only two – Republican Senators all stayed quiet.
- Pelosi became the role of the hardliner making several media-affective comments that she is willing to move on with the healthcare no matter what, even against the new course of Obama.
- Harry Reid changed his mind on an hourly basis, depending on what Media he was talking to. One time ready to work bi partisan the next moment playing hardliner – Getting ready to take the stand that suits him best.
- With Pat Kennedy announcing his retirement February 11, 2010 the 14th Democrat is backing out of the current administration. Why would they back out just now when they have a chance to rule the country? Pretty simple – Reinforcement. Obama needs to replace some of the faces of his current administration in order to stay in Power. He needs new and unencumbered faces. Everybody right now would just be associated with the past failures.
All of those things are nothing but diversions. When an army needs to re-group and re-enforce, the standard system is to remove the troops from the battlefield to safety, have a few specialists attacking the enemy, keeping his mind and his force occupied and then reinforce the main troops with manpower, arms, and ammunition.
And this is what the Democrats are doing right now. All their appearances on TV, their contradictory Statements, and them changing their minds are nothing but a diversionary tactic to occupy the opposition, the movement, and the voter’s, period. And in the meanwhile Obama performs and occupies the media with his “Nice-Guy from the neighborhood Obama show” knowing that this worked during his Presidential campaign and it might work again now.
But that is not what bothers me, what really bothers me is what is behind the scenes. The Democrats will not sit down and just wait to see what happens. No – they are charging right now, they are getting dossiers on every candidate, background checks, every word that has ever been spoken, and every move that has ever been made.
Manpower, Arms and Ammunition
The democratic machine is working right now – ready to strike as of April until November. And in my opinion this will be the bloodiest Midterm election in History. The Democrats won’t just sit back waiting to be attacked they will strike first throwing dirt wherever they can.
And I said it before and I say it again – when it comes to playing the media the Democrats are way ahead of us. The Democrats have learned that America is a country that loves two things
1) A good Drama show
2) The underdog – and as soon as Obama can position the Democratic Party as the victims of Republican Grass root stubbornness he WILL take the position of the Underdog in this Midterm election.
Always remember Sun-Tzu’s “The Art of War”:
It is not the Giant on the battlefield that worries me – but the troops hiding behind the Giant
So if Debra Medina thinks Glen Beck was tough on her: Here is some good advice for her from my military time:
Preparation is half the war.
Prepare for the worst and be happy if you don’t need it
Prepare yourself for below-the-belt attacks because should you be victorious over Governor Perry in the primaries; Glenn’s interview was a walk in the park compared to what the Democrats will do to you.
And while Glen hung himself on one comment from YOU and attacked YOU – the Dems will go way beyond that – They will go after you, your children, your friends, and even your dog if you have one.
Your friend, supporter, fellow Texan, proud Member of the Tea Party movement and Reagan-Christian Republican