Watching President Obama’s “Immigration Reform” speech on Tuesday May 10,2011 inEl Paso, Texas makes it crystal clear that this entire Agenda has absolutely nothing to do with home land security, border protection, or economical issues.
It is all about his political survival and the election-campaigning ahead, not to forget, he wants to send a message to the Hispanic Community that he is willing to use his new popularity to grab the Agenda by the horns as he promised in his campaign in 2008.
Problem was for him that the Healthcare debate was devastating for his presidency and Obama knew if he took on the Immigration agenda at the same time, he could kiss the chance of a second term good bye.
But now after the Osama execution, that he sold so eloquently as his very own success (got to give 5 Stars to the Democratic Public Relations machinery), he now feels he can use this moment to push another radical Agenda which is again widely opposed by the American people, but he has to keep his promise if he wants the Hispanic support for re-election.
And so the President heads to Texas, the very same City were Janet Napolitano stood in March on a bridge connecting El Paso to Cuidad Juarez, Mexico proclaiming border security “better than ever”.
********** BREAKING NEWS****BREAKING NEWS**********
National Terror Alert center reports, under reference to Associated Press and ABC15.com, on Wednesday May 11th, 2011 (one day after Obama was in El Paso and one Month after Napolitano declares out borders safer than ever: “Sophisticated smuggling tunnel found in Nogales”
In his speech President Obama claims that “under Secretary Napolitano’s leadership we have strengthened border security beyond what many believed was possible….they wanted a fence. Well the fence is now complete”. This is absolutely wrong.
The fact of the matter is, according to “Government Accountability Office reports (U.S. GAO)” only670 Miles of the entire2200 mile border is complete and 1120 southwest border miles have not yet achieved operational control. According to Sheriffs working and living along the U.S.-Mexican border they call the assertion this administration has done to enforce the border a laughable matter.
Obama also claims credit that 64% more weapons have been confiscated than before – he just forgot to say that Attorney General Eric Holder first sold those weapons to the drug lords in Mexico. So the 64% he confiscated are basically those he handed out himself.
- House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-TX) said quote: “Mr. President, 44 percent is a failing grade. If 44 percent is the most secure the border has ever been it’s time to get to work to improve the grade. The American people expect nothing less than a A-Plus on border security:”
Or in lame terms – if 44% is most secure – what happens with the remaining 66%? Just hours before Mr. Obama’s El Paso visit the State of Texas passed a bill that would prevent so called “sanctuary cities” from telling police to ignore immigration violations.
Maybe Secretary Napolitano and Mr. Obama haven’t understood so far that the border security and immigration violations problems cannot be solved on a computer with animated graphics, but is a real problem for real people.
How much Obama understands about Security and Economics shows in the one comment he made during the speech: “Those who break immigration laws should “pay their taxes, pay their fines and learn English” before getting right back into line to obtain citizenship.”
I said it several times, I have no clue where Mr. Obama got his Law degree, but I refuse to believe that a prestigious Law school such as Harvard failed to teach him how to read Federal Laws.
Illegal Immigrants beak at least 4 Federal Laws when crossing the border: Border violation, Tax fraud, forging federal documents, Social Security fraud.
Here is a little excerpt as what they would have to face if the Law was really enforced:
- Illegal border crossing – Section 1325 in Title 8 of the United States code punishes enter or an attempt to enter the United States without permission with a maximum prison term of 6 month for the first offense and 2 years subsequently. Considering the fact that the majority are repeat violators do the math.
- Tax Fraud– Title 26 USC §§ 7201, 7202, 7203, 7206(1), 7206(2), 7212 (A), Title 18 USC § 371 are punishable between 3 years and 5 years in prison according to the IRS
- Forging Documents – In order not to get caught illegals maintain a roaring commerce with federal and State documents, such as Social security cards (necessary to be eligible for an apartment, driver’s license, getting the kids in school, etc.). According to CriminalDefenseLawyers.com the punishment varies based on size and scope as well as involvement in other crimes. But the happy hand round and flourishing trade has organized Crime character.
- Social Security fraud – SSA 143.2 reads: The penalty upon conviction for violation of the penal provisions of the Social Security Act or one of the related provisions of the Federal Criminal Code may be a fine, imprisonment, or both. The penalty ranges from a fine of not more than $500, imprisonment of one year, or both to a fine of not more than $10,000, imprisonment of not more than 15 years, or both. The penalty depends upon the specific law violated.
Considering the fact that this is an ongoing crime committed on purpose, repeatedly by several family members and with the full knowledge of the illegality there is no way they should qualify for minimum sentences.
Even under a liberal point of few, looking at those crimes I don’t see any chance that illegals could get away with a fine – I see a minimum of 10 years in federal Prison (considering the terms served consecutive and without state charges)
Or does the President insinuate again that he is willing to obstruct justice as he did after the rejection of the DREAM act. Remember when he announced that he is not willing to enforce immigration laws on illegal students abusing our social system.
My facebook friend brought up a good point when saying this would be “Citizenship by default”.
Obama say’s let them pay their taxes. Good – what taxes? Let us take a closer look at the numbers.
Illegal Immigration costs Arizona and California 12 Billion Dollars each per year. According to CIS (Center for Immigration Studies) illegal’s rip off the IRS for a total of 6 Billion Dollars per year.
And last but not least the same source shows that 71% of all illegal’s use one or more welfare programs (See the graphics in Fig1 to 13 here🙂 which costs additional Billions of Dollars every year.
Jena McNeill from Heritage Foundation explains: “An amnesty would cost taxpayers millions, if not billions of dollars – at a time where debt is at the ceiling and budgets are busted. It would also reward those who broke the law and came into the U.S. illegally over those who came to the U.S. the legal way.”
Or in other words – I came legally into this country after waiting and filing for 15 years – this amnesty would be a slap in my face.
But I am sure the President of Mexico, Felipe Calderon, is pleased with that situation because instead of paying taxes here in American those thugs send an estimated 40 Cents on every Dollar back to Mexico which is a win-win situation for them. Mexico does not have to care for its poor and they still get 40 % of the money stolen from the American Tax payers or in numbers 40% from the estimated 12 Billion Dollars which is 4.8 Billion Dollars for Mexico AND THAT IS EVERY YEAR.
Only in America – welcome to America
- Washington Times
- National Terror Alert Center
- ABC15.com / AP
- U.S. GAO
- United States Code (GOP Access)
- United States Social Security Administration
- Washington Times: Illegal immigrant students not a target for deportation
- CIS (Center for Immigration Studies & Analysis)
- Heritage Foundation